Based in Dallas, Texas
10 March, 2017
Blink is a second-person 2D puzzle platformer where you see through the perspective of an ancient being. When it closes its eyes, you enter into a world of after-images where you can walk on light. Overcome obstacles and solve puzzles by manipulating lights and blinking between worlds. Explore hand drawn landscapes while uncovering the secrets behind this strange power.
Ryan Sligh and Loic Ferdinandi met at Southern Methodist University down in Texas and decided to start working on a game idea Ryan had been sitting on for a while. Blink was supposed to take “4 months tops”, but 3 years later, Blink had become a full-fledged game through process of steady scope creep.
- Solve lateral thinking puzzles that use 2D dynamic lights in unexpected ways.
- Explore underground ruins, ancient towers, floating cities, and more!
- Meticulously hand drawn levels and animations.
- Enemies that become part of the puzzle..
- A somber and peaceful soundtrack by Ryan Sligh.
- No box pushing puzzles!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "SXSW 2017 Student Showcase Finalist"
- "Taco Bell Indie Game Garage" We're honestly not sure what this one is. 5 December, 2015
- "That was my first time ever playing [Blink], and that was actually really fun."
- Swiftor, Twitch
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
About nextReality Games
We are nextReality, or just two college students making a game in a dorm room. Our goal is to create games that push the medium forward, or at least let players experience something completely new, be it a crazy new game mechanic or a hand drawn world.
More information on nextReality Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Code, Music, Design